And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Khalil Gibran

Saturday 6 August 2011

A Letter of Introduction

So, not the first blog. Surprising, right? On my last one I attempted to sound thoughtful and educated. I am thoughtful and educated, but that's not the point. It was a look at current events and politics from my own perspective. I am told by a worthy source that I came off sounding like a feminist lesbian. That wasn't precisely my intent as I am neither a feminist, nor a lesbian. For the record, I have no issues with homosexuality. I have to say that most women calling themselves feminists irritate me. I think the damage they do to true equality far outweighs the good.

What I am is a 30 something woman with two beautiful kids and a fantastic husband. I'm a geek and a gamer, and, as my husband once pointed out, I'm never really happy unless I'm making something. I charge merrily back and forth from one craft to the next with gleeful abandon. Some of them I even get finished. I am someone who has struggled with my health all my life and I am once again having issues with it. I like coffee and chocolate, especially when they get combined. My favorite movie of all time is the Princess Bride. I really do think that my babies are the smartest, most beautiful children in the whole world. Yours can be a close second, but mine really are just that awesome. I always should have a project on the go because it's one of the best stress relievers out there. If I could do anything I would travel all over, and then go back to school. I would take random classes because they seemed interesting. There's too much stuff in my house despite having gotten boxes and boxes of things out recently. I form emotional attachments to books and music and coffee cups. I really miss my dad and I wish I could have one more conversation with him. I eat tofu because I think it's a really great food. I would probably be a vegetarian if meat wasn't so damned tasty. My husband thinks I'm gorgeous, sometimes I even agree with him. It's time, I think, to just try and be myself, whoever that is. I can't get all of that into one post, however, so I guess the rest you'll just have to stick around for.

No comments:

Post a Comment